Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rome Linux Day - Thank you

As stated in my previous post, on October the 25th, 124 cities in Italy have hosted the 8th annual Linux Day event.

I've had the opportunity and the pleasure to present a session at the Rome based date, within the La Sapienza University Faculty of Engineering.




The purpose of my session was to share my positive opinion about one of the trends that we are seing in this period: the migration to the Web.
I brought examples of how we can migrate our data and customizations on the web to make them always accessible using simple solutions, up to the possibility to have a desktop published and accessible online, either by using a real desktop or a webtop. All this stuff, by using ONLY OpenSource technologies!



My feeling is that the talk succeeded in making people interested. I hope to be right and to have the opportunity to exchange additional opinions with you all since I believe that Web 2.0 items are always stimulant and source of technology innovation in the era of Internet.

For those of you that are interested in looking at my presentation, the Italian version is available here, and the English version here.


You can also enjoy some pictures on Picasa, or Facebook, pictures and video on my Google Site.

You can also visit some other blogs talking about the event (in Italian) at:
- Linuxday 2008, riflessi e riflessioni di Antonio Doldo.
- Il meglio del LinuxDay Roma 2008 di Stefano Fedele.

I hope everybody liked the talk and look forward to share other similar experiences.
Any comments and feedbacks are welcome.

No comments: